CAH CHNA – Are You Capturing All IRS General Requirements for Tax Exemption?
The Affordable Care Act requires all nonprofit hospitals to develop a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to identify high priority community health needs and an Implementation Plan to address these needs. This webinar will describe the general requirements of the CHNA and the Implementation Plan that must be met, the strengths and weaknesses of the Iowa CHNAs and Plans, and the best practices to overcome these weaknesses. It will also discuss the major priorities of Iowa hospitals and how the implementation strategies and interventions can improve the health of individual patients and the overall population of the community.
Hospital leadership, hospital personnel, community partners, community coalition leads, public health stakeholders and population health leads.
- Identify the general requirements for CHNAs and Implementation Plans that must be met by all nonprofit hospitals.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the Iowa CHNAs and Implementation Plans and present some of the best practices to overcome these weaknesses.
- Describe how this process can be used to improve the health of individual patients and the overall population.
- Speaker: David Palm, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Health Services Research and Administration and Director, Center for Health Policy, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, NE
- Moderators: Ashley O’Donnell, MSN, RN, CPHQ, Clinical Improvement Consultant and Cari Seddon, MA, RDN, LD, CDCES, Director, Community Quality Initiatives, Iowa Healthcare Collaborative, Des Moines