Day 1 | Integrated Delivery Systems
Convening providers and community stakeholders come together to work toward the common goal of exceptional healthcare in Iowa and across the nation.
The Annual Forum sessions will benefit physicians, CEOs, CFOs, senior administrators, nurses, quality assurance professionals, trustees/ board members, clinic managers, infection control professionals, hospital pharmacy directors, clinical pharmacists and other healthcare personnel.
Welcome and Introduction
Tom Evans MD, President and CEO, Iowa Healthcare Collaborative, Des Moines
Emerging Stronger: Choosing Quality
Kedar Mate, MD, President and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement The COVID-19 pandemic presents new challenges and new opportunities for those engaged with healthcare quality, patient safety and clinical reliability. In this session, Kedar Mate will consider how COVID has affected our understanding of quality, how it has led to a culture of innovation and what new ideas we may wish to preserve in our systems that will shape health system transitions in the post-pandemic future.
- Review challenges and opportunities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic in the healthcare field.
- Identify five key innovations for a different system of the future.
- Describe how QI can help in equity.
Finding Our Yellow Brick Road
Katelyn Thompson, DO, Medical Director, UnityPoint Health Berryhill Center, Fort Dodge Telemedicine was widely used in behavioral health prior to the pandemic. The ease of several restrictions has allowed for innovative means to reach patients, especially in rural locations. This session will explore the changing perceptions of telemedicine and opportunities for the future.
- Review possible reasons for disruption of telemedicine.
- Propose future solutions to broaden the use of telemedicine.
- Tom Evans MD, President and CEO, Iowa Healthcare Collaborative, Des Moines
- Kedar Mate, MD, President and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Katelyn Thompson, DO, Medical Director, UnityPoint Health Berryhill Center, Fort Dodge